Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Broccoleaf can be used as any other leafy green vegetable. Chop up and throw into a salad, simmer in soups, Sauté or stir fry.
- 1 bunch Organic *BroccoLeaf
- 2 Tbsp *Olive oil (Pacific Sun)
- 1 Tbsp sliced fresh organic *garlic
- 1/4 tsp crushed *red chili flakes
- (Simply Organic) or to taste.
- 1/4 C water
- *Ingredients found at Orchard Nutrition Center
- Trim the BroccoLeaf stems where they meet the leaves. Stack & roll the trimmed leaves lengthwise. Holding the roll with one hand, slice the leaves crosswise into thin ½" wide strips.
- Heat a medium-size non-stick sauté pan or cast iron skillet on medium heat. Add the olive oil and heat just until it ripples. Add the garlic, stir and sauté until the garlic is tender.
- Add the BroccoLeaf strips and cook for 2 minutes, add 1/4 cup water to steam the broccoleaf. When the BroccoLeaf is soft and bright green, add crushed red chili flakes and toss. Season to taste with salt and pepper.